But if you want the short version, here it is:
The data collected on this website are used only to make sure that you get the best user experience ever.
Anyway, if you want to read the whole thing:
Your privacy is our top concern. We work hard to earn and keep your trust, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We will never rent or sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. That’s right! You will never start getting e-mails about “hot babes in your neighborhood” because of us!
- We will never share your contact information with another user, unless both of you choose to contact one another
- Any sensitive information that you provide will be secured with all industry standard protocols and technology
Cookies & Log Files
Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when you visit the Sound French web site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave Sound French. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help us improve the Sound French service, but is not linked to personally identifiable information in any way.
Our service are intended solely for persons 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13 you may not access or use our service. By using our service you represent and warrant to us that you are 13 years of age or older.
Sound French is an online service dedicated to helping Learners of the French language achieving their dream. The information you choose to provide on this site is used to help you improve your learning experience. In addition, Sound French collects certain types of information in order to operate and improve our service to you and other users. Sound French is the sole owner of the information collected on this site.
Sound French Communications
Sound French will communicate with you through email and notices posted on this website.
Sound French may also send you promotional information.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
Sound French takes the privacy of our users very seriously. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We will only share your information with third parties to carry out your instructions and to provide specific services. For instance, we may use a credit card processing company to bill users for subscription fees. We may also retain the service of outside contractors to perform services on our behalf (for example, to help provide technical support services or deliver new products or services).
These third parties do not retain, share, or store any personally identifiable information except to provide these services and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
Partnering with Other Organizations to Offer Combined Services
Sound French may partner with other online services to give you the combined results of both services. Whenever we offer such combined services, it will be clear who the partner is and it will be your choice to make use of the combined services or not. In these cases, none of your personally identifiable information will be passed from Sound French to the partner.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Our service may contain links to other websites and software. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites or software. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party sites in order o understand their privacy and information collection practices.
Disclosures Required by Law
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that an applicable law, regulation, or legal process requires it, or when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of other users.
No Error-Free Performance
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website. Your continued use of Sound French service indicates your acceptance of the amended User Agreement.
You understand and agree not to use Sound French to:
- Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use Sound French Service for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available unauthorized advertising.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through Sound French Service.
- Forge internet request query in order to access pages that you are not authorized to view or perform operations that you are not authorized to perform.
- Interfere with or disrupt Sound French or servers or networks connected to he Universe of Memory Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Sound French.
- Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Sound French.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of Sound French Service.
- Use Sound French Service in any manner other than as expressly authorized in the User Agreement.
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content on Sound French Service.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of Sound French Service, use of Sound French Service, or access to Sound French Service unless explicitly authorized by Sound French with proper attribution to Sound French.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Information Provided on this Website
You understand that by posting materials on Sound French website or otherwise providing materials to Sound French, you are granting to Sound French a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use this information in the course of offering Sound French service.
Furthermore, you understand that Sound French retains the right to reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials submitted by you. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through Sound French Service is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Sound French will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
Sound French Communications
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with Sound French Service, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content we dont guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our website, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact us to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions.
However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Please remember that you can always choose to refrain from using any part of Sound French Service that may expose you to something that you are uncomfortable with. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the website.
By accepting this User Agreement, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless Sound French, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from i) your use of Sound French Service; ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your communications with or through Sound French Service, or iii) any other matter relating to Sound French Service. Any business transactions which may arise between users from their use of Sound French are the sole responsibility of the users involved.
You understand and agree that Sound French may disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, enforce this User Agreement, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sound French, its users, and the public.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Sound French SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THAT Sound French DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. Sound French ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. Sound French EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Sound French MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) Sound French SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) Sound French SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF Sound French SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH Sound French SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF Sound French SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM Sound French OR THROUGH OR FROM Sound French SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Sound French and governs your use of Sound French Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Sound French.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Sound French SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF Sound French HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL Sound French`S TOTAL CUMULATIVE DAMAGES EXCEED US$ 100.
The User Agreement between you and Sound French will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Poland without regard to conflict of laws principles.